Register for Classes
Online Registration Instructions
Your registration date and time can be verified on MyChaffey Portal approximately two weeks before registration begins. You may register on or after
your assigned registration date and time.
If you have a registration restriction, you may view your restriction in one of two ways:
Log into the MyChaffey Portal , select the My ChaffeyVIEW icon under the launch pad, and select “View My Restrictions (Holds)” in the Students Menu.
- Download the Chaffey College Mobile App and select the “My Notifications” option.
The appropriate department and phone number will be listed. The restriction must be
removed in order to register.
Registration priority will be assigned in the following order:
- Students who have completed the placement process, orientation, an educational plan and are enrolled in and receiving services from an eligible priority group as defined by Education Code 66025 and Title 5 58108.
- Continuing, returning and new students who have completed the placement process, orientation and an educational plan; continuing students must also be in good academic standing.
- Students who fail to meet one or more of the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Students who have completed more than 100 units.
Maximum Unit Load
You may enroll in up to 18.0 units in spring/fall, and 7.0 in summer, based on class availability. (To enroll in more than the maximum units, you must have permission from a Counselor by obtaining their approval/signature on your add card.)
You may only enroll in one section of a given course at the same time within the same
You are not permitted to enroll in classes that meet at the same time or that have overlapping class schedules.
The waitlist opens as soon as a class becomes full, provided the wait list option is available for the class. While registering via the MyChaffey Portal, you may place yourself on the waitlist
for a class that is closed. You will be contacted via your Chaffey email account when
a seat becomes available. Notification is based on wait list rank.
Once permission to register is received, log into the MyChaffey Portal, click on the My ChaffeyVIEW icon under the launch pad, and select the “Manage My Wait List” option in the Students menu. Registration is not complete until you click “Submit.”
Registration must be completed by the date and time indicated on the email notification. If you fail to register before the specified deadline, you will be dropped from the waitlist. The admissions and records office cannot extend your deadline to add. You may not enroll and waitlist in different sections of the same course at the same time. Time conflicts are not checked systematically when wait listing.
If you have not received permission to register prior to the first day of instruction, go to the first class meeting to request an add code from the instructor.
Students who require an approved petition to register in a course must do so in person in the admissions and records office.