The Faculty Senate is a governance organization that represents Chaffey College faculty
in all academic and professional matters. The role of Faculty Senate is outlined by
AP 2510-Participation in shared governance. Commonly referred to at 10+2, activities
and responsibilities may include or go beyond the following:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites
- Degree & Certificate Requirements
- Grading Policies
- Educational Program Development
- Standards & Polices regarding Student Preparation and Success
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation process
- The appointment of faculty members to serve on college committees, task forces, or
other groups dealing with academic and professional matters shall be made by the Faculty
Senate in consultation with the Superintendent/President or designee.
- There are some areas where the Faculty Association may appoint faculty to committees.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
- Hiring criteria, policies, procedures, and equivalencies for new faculty members shall
be developed, updated, and agreed upon jointly by representatives of the Governing
Board and Faculty Senate.
This web site serves as a focal point and resource center for matters related to Faculty
Senate business and related community involvement.
Berz Excellence Building
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737