Career and Technical Education
The West End Career Technical Education Collaborative serves Chaffey College, Baldy
View ROP and the eleven school districts located within the service areas of these
two organizations. This collaborative is also made up of industry, government agencies
and community based organizations.
Our Goal: WECTEC's goal is to advance a prepared workforce by creating a seamless system of
Career Technical Education between secondary and post-secondary education to meet
local business and industry needs.
Our Focus: The WECTEC/West End Career Technical Education Collaborative project focuses on science,
technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
All middle and high schools within the Chaffey College service area are eligible
to participate in the project.
- Career awareness and exploration for middle and high schools. This includes free resources
such as a CTE counselor toolkit, the California Career Planning Guide, In Demand Magazine
and much more.
- Support of career days and career fairs, including connecting your school to industry
- Professional development during the school year and summer for teachers, administrators
- Strengthening CTE sectors by providing information about CTE, connection to Tech Prep
and articulation staff at Chaffey College, and supplies/support needed to create or
build CTE pathways.
- Teacher/faculty externships that will include training through job shadowing, workplace
tours, and workplace curriculum, integration. Our goal is to provide internships,
job-shadowing and networking opportunities with authentic learning experiences.
- Free advertising of your existing career pathways to boost enrollment.
- We are seeking industry professionals who will collaborate on project based learning
plans to ensure alignment of K-12/CTE pathways standards.
OTHER CTE COLLABORATIVES IN OUR AREA
Barstow Community College
College of the Desert
Mt. San Jacinto College
Riverside Community College District
San Bernardino Community College District
Victor Valley College
Star Walk enables you to point your iPhone at the sky and see what stars, constellations,
and satellites you are looking at in real-time.
Presidents vs. Aliens
As you learn presidential facts, quotes, nicknames and historical events, you can
use your knowledge to help the presidents defeat the aliens.
Capture and tag items, notes, sync and more.
Math problems appear and you have the ability to work them out by hand on the virtual
Auto Club Speedway, Fontana
Baldy View Regional Occupational Program (BVROP)
California Steel Industries, Inc., Manufacturers' Council
California State University, San Bernardino
City of Chino
City of Fontana
City of Ontario
City of Rancho Cucamonga
City of Upland
Cucamonga Valley Water District
Employment Development Department (EDD)
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools Alliance (SBCSS-Alliance)
University of California, Riverside, Alpha Center (UCR Alpha)
SERVING THESE DISTRICTS