You can meet with a career counselor to:
- Identify careers that match you and your needs
- Explore majors and educational requirements
- Research career and salary information
- Seek advice on next steps in completing your career goal
- Review career assessment (link to Career Assessments page) results
- Create your educational plan
How to Meet with a Career Counselor
Meet with a career counselor in an online session conducted through Cranium Cafe, an interactive and secure online meeting room.
Types of appointments available:
- Career research and planning
- Major exploration
- Résumé review
- Interview preparation and mock interviewing
- Cover letter writing
- Job search assistance
How to Participate
- You will need to access Cranium Cafe from a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- You will need to access Cranium Cafe using either Chrome or Firefox
- Sign-in to Cranium Cafe through your Canvas account
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an online counseling appointment with a Career Center counselor, please click on the “schedule meeting” icon on any counselor’s link below. If you see the icon “Chat with Me” on a counselor’s card, you can have a quick 10 minute chat session with the counselor.
Cranium Cafe Frequently Asked Questions
Meet with a career counselor to make your DREAM a reality today.
- Discover careers that fit your interests, personality, skills and values.
- Take career assessments (link to Career Assessment page) such as Focus2Career
- Use Focus2Career to research majors and careers based on your assessment results.
- Explore salary and job outlooks on onetonline.org
- Use Focus2Career to research majors and educational requirements
- Use the College Search on Focus2Career to find specific majors at different colleges and universities
- Meet with Faculty Advisors to learn more about specific majors
- Job Shadow, volunteer and/or apply for entry- level positions in your career field of interest.
- Conduct informational interviews.
Make a Plan
- Update your educational plan for your selected major and career goals
- Identify resources that will help you reach your goals
Schedule an online counseling appointment with a career counselor through Cranium.
- Resume Writing - Learn about resumes, the components of a resume, and how to make yours better
- Interview Preparation - Listen to valuable insights on preparation tips and have an opportunity to practice interview questions
- 21st Century Job Skills - Learn what skills employers are looking for and how you can build them
- Work/Life Balance - Discover strategies to maintain balance in a busy life
- LinkedIn - Create your own LinkedIn profile while learning how to use the valuable recruitment tool
- Networking Skills - Learn how to make professional business connections
- What Can You Do With a Major In…? and A Day in the Life Of... - These workshops unlock the realities of selected careers. Workshops vary each semester and are presented by faculty and professionals in the field
Whether you need help with creating or revising a résumé, the Chaffey College Career Center has you covered.
The "Résumé Writing Packet" provides information to help you get started on writing your résumé. Complete the "Résumé Writing Packet" or use the resume builder tool on Big Interview.
Email the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for resume review. Schedule an online counseling appointment with a career counselor through Cranium.